maandag 22 november 2010

News: Finally!!

Hey everyone,

It has been a while sinds I last posted to this blog. I am very sorry for leaving all of you in dispair and total boredom (I my perception, all anybody ever does is read my blog and make fun of it). But don't worry I am back, and I am planning to try to keep on you updated from now on.

first, why havent I published in a while:

  1. work
  2. work
  3. more work
  4. I spend a couple of days dog sitting. I have made some friends in and around Ottawa, two of them, a couple, own a big white pyrenees, and a super nice house. So I agreed to take care of their dog while they went of on holiday, in exchange I got to stay in a really sweet house in a super nice neighbourhood for a couple of days. 
  5. Rebecca has come to Canada, Finally! So there are no more lonely nights in my little room in which there is nothing else to do than blogging.
  6. We ve spent the last weekend in Quebec city, where I had no computer, nor internet, hence no possibility of blog writing
  7. I am a little bit lazy

Last weekend, Two of our friends invited us to join them on their trip, and we were delighted to do so. We went with Astrid (Swiss) and Jonathan (Canada), it was a small, small roadtrip. As Canada is a very tiny country and Quebec, for its standards is really close to Ottawa. So the drive was only 600km!! Childsplay of course when you have experienced Middelburg - anywhere else. 

The town of Quebec city, was as you know, the early capital of New France, when large parts of Canada where still French Colonies (although no-one appears to be speaking French, but something that resembles an ancient Viking Dialect, or my French is just really really bad). But somewhere in the 17th century the English conquered the place in 15 minutes despite the well known French toughness and bravery in battle (this one is for Mike). more info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quebec_City

All this resulted in one of the only European-style towns in North America, and the only city with fortifications in the US and Canada. So everything was really old, and well maintained. In many ways I think that Quebec City is prettier than many European cities. We took a nighttime city tour, and all the lights and old streets made for an amazing experience. but during the daytime the city is really nice too!! The second day we decided to next to culture also take in some nature, so we went to visit some waterfalls, which were also super impressive!! I will upload some pictures ASAP.


Cheers!!!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten